Having trouble falling asleep and/or staying asleep?
When you have optimum sleep the ageing process will slow down and you will already look younger.
You need REM and NON REM sleep. Non REM is what heals and repairs the body while you sleep. Your deep Non REM sleep decreases as you age, causing less healing to happen.
How much sleep should you be getting?
When you DON’T get enough sleep there is an increased risk of obesity due to the decreased ability to process sugar. Also;
- An infant needs approx. 16 hours sleep
- A teenager needs approx. 9 hours sleep
- Adults need 8 hours sleep. Even if you FEEL like you can function on less, your body needs time to heal from the external damages everyone faces everyday
- The hormone that triggers hunger increases
- Hormones that trigger fullness decrease
- Less than 6 hours = increased risk of heart attack, stroke and depression
- Less than 7 hours = increased risk of early death by 26% in men and 21% in women